Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Children’s Hospital of Richmond
Division of Pediatric Cardiology
Director of Pediatric Heart Failure and Transplantation Cardiology
We are seeking an outstanding BC/BE pediatric cardiologist with advanced training in Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplantation at the assistant or associate professor level to fill a non-tenure eligible position.
The Children’s Hospital of Richmond and the School of Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University and The Children’s Hospital Foundation Heart Center are committed to transforming the Pediatric Cardiology Division into a model academic unit devoted to excellence in clinical care, teaching, and clinical and basic research. This is in conjunction with a new rotational pediatric biplane cardiac catheterization laboratory, construction of a hybrid cath lab and PICU expansion for cardiac surgical cases. Our new state-of-the-art outpatient on-campus facility opened in March 2016.
About Our Program:
The pediatric heart transplantation program has been part of one of the oldest heart transplantation programs in the country with our first neonatal heart transplant performed in 1989. There are active liver and renal transplantation programs as well. The Pediatric Echo lab is ICAEL accredited (TTE, TEE and Fetal) with an active fetal program with a referral base of over 60 mile radius. The echo lab is fully equipped, Digital, and has an active Tele-Echo service from outlying sites. MRI, CTA, and PET imaging is available onsite. The candidate is expected to expand our integrated services with adult heart failure and transplantation and with the VAD and TAH program, the largest in the country. Research performance is expected and opportunities currently exist for collaboration.
- Candidate must possess outstanding clinical skills
- Participate in the educational endeavors of the Division that supports active accredited fellowship programs in Pediatric and Adult Cardiology, Adult Interventional and Adult EP
- Research opportunities exist and is expected
- BC/BE in Pediatrics and Cardiology
- Must have experience with clinical care of patients ages birth to 21
- Interest in research and teaching
- Sub-board and/or additional graduate degree preferred
- Experience with advocacy at local, state, and national level preferred
Applicants are encouraged to apply via our website, https://www.vcujobs.com/.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities & persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.