We are searching for a board-certified pathologist, with a sub-specialty in GI, to join our in-house pathology laboratory.
The Florida Digestive Health Specialists Pathology Department is a state-of-the-art facility serving hospitals, surgery centers and physician offices throughout Florida. Our team includes licensed histologists, technologists and three board-certified pathologists with a subspecialty in Gastrointestinal Pathology. Our lab is accredited by Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and the College of American Pathologists. We provide comprehensive diagnostic solutions, advanced technology and testing, and superior pathology services for greater diagnostics insights.
- MD/DO & approved pathology residency + fellowship in GI pathology
- Licensed by the State of Florida
- ASCP Certified
- Three or more years of experience required
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND OR REGISTRATIONS
- Must hold valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in Florida
- Must be board certified in anatomic pathology
KEY PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide professional anatomic pathology diagnostic services including interpretation of GI tissue biopsies.
- Participate in CAP-regulated QA programs as well as those established by the Medical Director for the safety of the patients.
- Provide educational services, conferences, and instruction where required.
- Comply with continuing medical education requirements for licensure and privilege status.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Living on Florida’s beautiful West Coast:
With warm temperatures, award-winning beaches and a thriving cultural and arts scene, the Lakewood Ranch and Sarasota communities are the perfect place for families of all sizes. This idyllic southwest Florida community, which is about an hour from Tampa and two hours from Orlando, continues to flourish and attract new residents with a burgeoning economy, great restaurants, idyllic beaches and plenty of year-round activities – both on and off the water.