This job is archived
Pathology Medical Director (SA197396) Miami, Fl as
This regional Medical Center in Miami is seeking recruiting for a Medical Director for their Pathology Services product line. This private entity provides professional pathology services to its network of 45 hospitals throughout the country as well as commercial outreach clients. This is a high-level, working leadership position to include approximately 90% Clinical and 10% Administrative responsibilities, to include:
• Provide administrative supervision and leadership for pathology services at assigned hospital, including advising on policies and procedures.
• Facilitate achievement of annual quality and efficiency goals in the pathology services of the assigned hospital.
• Manage clinical initiatives of hospital, Division and the Company.
• Attend all required committee meetings and manage schedule for assigned hospital.
• Manage the associate pathologists and pathology assistants at assigned hospital.
• Cultivate excellent working relationships with lab staff, including but not limited to, Administrative Director and Histology staff.
AP/CP Board Certification is required
3 years recent hospital-based Medical Director Experience is required in a large or multi-hospital setting
5-8 years out of Fellowship
Florida licensed or FCVS in place
Excellent interpersonal skills and experience managing a large group
Excellent base salary and full benefit package
For more than 42 years, this Miami medical center has been an ever-present partner in ensuring the health and well-being the residents of Miami. It has been a nationally and regionally recognized leader and received multiple awards and recognitions, which translates into a higher quality of care for our patients. For eight years, we have earned The Distinguished Hospital Award for Overall Clinical Excellence from HealthGrades, the largest independent healthcare ratings organization in the nation. This recognition places us in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation for overall clinical quality. We have also continued to receive Five-star ratings in many clinical service areas such as Stroke Care, Pulmonary Care, Cardiac Care, Gastroenterology Care, Respiratory Care and Maternity Care. We have been recognized as the top hospital in Miami-Dade County for Orthopedics. In addition, the American Heart and Stroke Association have honored our Stroke Program with the "Get with the Guidelines" Gold Stroke Award.