Locations – Irving, Plano, Lubbock, San Antonio, Tyler, TX
Immediate opening for a part time, Contract Physician acting as the Center Medical Director / CLIA Lab Director or Backup Medical Director!
Seeking a Part time Contract Physician who will be responsible for ensuring donor suitability, product integrity, and the continued good health of donors through compliance with FDA regulations and our Donor Center SOP. You will not be seeing patients in this role, you will primarily be quality checking work and information and signing off on that. We do provide on-the-job training. The position requires just 4 hours per week and it is a perfect opportunity to earn additional income.
The center will be open limited hours in the beginning as it builds a donor base. Likely the hours will be 8am-5pm M-F. Eventually, the center should be open extended hours 7 days a week.
Because this is a new location, we will begin the contract by paying you your monthly stipend. As we get closer to the opening of the center, we will contact you to begin working 4 hours per week. You’ll receive the hourly rate for hours worked at this point.
Oversee EMT/LPN/RN (Physician Substitute) performing the following tasks:
- Determine plasma donor suitability based on company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). This includes:
- Review of medical health histories
- Physical assessment
- Review of plasmapheresis procedure, hazards, potential adverse reactions, and specific immunization programs if applicable
- Providing informed consent
- Counseling of donors regarding deferrals
- Documentation of interactions with donors
- Review of donor treatment and suitability following adverse events related to plasmapheresis.
- Provide training for donor center medical personnel including, Physician Substitutes and other Physician(s).
- Review lab results, as required, and exercise independent judgment to determine donor’s future suitability.
- Perform CLIA Lab Director responsibilities for Moderate Complexity Testing.
The positions require just 4 hours per week and are a perfect opportunity to earn additional income.
- Must be a graduate from a licensed medical or osteopathic school
- Specialty in Pathology is highly preferred
- Must be currently licensed in the state in which the center operates
- Must be available for phone calls during the hours that the center is open. (Typically limited to 3 calls per week or less).
- Must be CLIA certified for moderate complexity testing or be willing to complete the required coursework for such certification (estimated 20 hour course) within 6 weeks.
- Must be approved by the state licensing agency as the CLIA Medical Director for the donor center
Our ideal candidate is one with a somewhat flexible schedule to visit our donor center every week (4 hours a week). This can be completed in one visit per week or multiple visits if they prefer to break it up.... but they must come at least once a week. Candidates will be detail oriented as they must review donor records. They will be professional and amicable as they will be working directly with our nurses/EMTs. Ideally, they will be available by phone during the hours the donor center is open in case the nurses/EMTs have questions (we try to limit phone calls as much as possible).
Distance to our donor center is very important. We seek physicians who live or work within 40 miles of the donor center.
Ideal candidates will have little to no actions under their license. Candidate should be asked to disclose any actions or malpractice suits on their license to be included with their submittal.