We are growing at an exponential rate, thus we are seeking core faculty physicians to play a role in the clinical and education mission of this region.
The ideal candidate will:
- Performs clinical duties to include sign-out responsibilities, gross frozen section coverage, night/weekend call duties, performance of bone marrows and fine needle aspirations, autopsies, and presentations at tumor boards
- If qualified (see preferred qualifications), supervision of transfusion medicine/blood banking operations
- Participates in teaching activities for medical students, residents, and laboratory employees
- Participates in research and/or scholarly activities
- Participates in committees and other administrative duties
- M.D. or D.O. degree
- Unrestricted Texas Medical license or eligible for Texas medical licensure
- Board certification in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology
- Experience in general surgical pathology
- Experience in the interpretation of frozen sections
- Experience in the performance of bone marrows
- Experience in grossing and in performing autopsies
- Board-certification in Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine by the American Board of Pathology.
- Two or more years of post-residency experience.
- Experience in teaching medical students and residents.
- Regional or emerging national reputation for the rank of associate professor or higher.
El Paso has been ranked one of the safest cities in the nation for a community of its size. Nestled between the Franklin Mountains and the Rio Grande, city residents enjoy:
- 300 + days of sunshine a year
- Historic/cultural sites
- Biking, casinos, golf courses, shopping, fine dining, theater, minor league baseball/soccer games
- International airport centrally located
- Affordable cost of living
- Area well known for the top ranked public and private schools
Experience the personally rewarding practice of medicine, in a city that is reborn.
EEO Statement As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.