Orthopedic Surgery opening in Virginia
- Located in Norton, VA - Kingsport 45m, Abingdon 50m
- Full-time, permanent position
- Seeking a quality general orthopedic surgeon
- Join an existing practice and provide continuity of care for our patients
- Must be ABOS certified/eligible
Hospital has recently invested over $12 million to expand its surgical capabilities including four, state-of-the-art operating rooms and the facility boasts an 11-bed, CARF accredited, inpatient rehab facility, ranked in the top 10% of IPR facilities in the country.
- Competitive base compensation
- Productivity bonus
- Sign on bonus
- Health insurance
- CME allowance
A 129-bed facility, supports a wide range of health care services including surgery, OB/GYN, pulmonary and critical care, rehabilitation services and much more. Our hospital is recognized for its outstanding inpatient rehabilitation services, black lung clinic and high-quality imaging technology. In 2016, NCH completed the $13.1 million Health-Plex expansion, a new 39,000-square foot facility that includes a Fit-One Wellness Center, Pharmacy offering a drive-thru services, Occupational Medicine Health Center, Primary Care offices, Orthopedics, Community Home Care, outpatient rehab and cardiac/pulmonary rehab services.
- Beautiful location
- Small town living
- Easy light traffic commute to larger cities
- Moderately sized airport within a short drive
- Safe, family friendly community
- Excellent public and private schools
- Low cost of living
- Mild weather and 4 distinct seasons
- An abundance of outdoor activities (golfing, fishing, camping, biking, hiking, kayaking and more)
- Within an hours drive of the Tri-Cities (Bristol, Kingsport and Johnson City) and just over two hours to Asheville, North Carolina and the Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee areas.