- Graduated from an accredited school of dentistry medicine.
- One (1) year of experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery preferred.
- Must have and maintain current licensure as a Dentist within the State.
- Must obtain and maintain CPR certification.
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine, supervise and provide advanced dental surgical care/ treatmentto referred patients.
- Utilizes standard precautions when providing advanced dental care and treatment
- Evaluates patient dental care required or administered, dental operatory conditions, and equipment inuse.
- Evaluates those patients needing or applying for dental care not included under basic health care services and makes whatever recommendations deemed clinically appropriate.
- Functions as a consultant to the staff health care provider, if needed.
- Performs advanced extraction of teeth in accordance with dental policies.
- Perform advanced care for dental examination in accordance with the requirements of the facility.
- Instructs patients in good dental hygiene techniques.
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented, legible and is dated, timed and signed.
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects patients’ rights to privacy, in accordance with accepted confidentiality practices for incarcerated individuals.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer