This job is archived
Optum is looking for a full-time OB/GYN Physician to join our team in Montebello, CA. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. Our priorities are clinical excellence, evidence-based practice, cost-effective resource allocation, and high patient and provider satisfaction.
Optum offers competitive pay with financial incentives for yielding strong metrics on quality care while seeing a lower than average census. We provide our clinicians an excellent benefits package that includes leadership pathways, CME reimbursement, paid license renewals, and many other benefits, charitable sponsorships, and volunteer opportunities.
If you’re looking to join a physician-led community that is making a difference in healthcare, Optum is the place for you. Our initial online application process will take you less than two minutes to complete!
- Our outpatient clinic is located in Montebello CA
- Office hours are Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
- The schedule consists of being in office 3 ½ days, ½ day OR, ½ rounding and ½ day off
- We work out of 2 hospitals -- White Memorial Medical Center and Monterey Park Hospital
- Panel consist of reproductive age women to menopause
- Call requirements are every fourth day and every fourth weekend
- 2-3 In-office procedures per day such as NST, ultrasound, biopsies
- An average of 8-10 deliveries per month
- 12-20 patients per day in clinic
- Shared call between 4 other doctors
- Potential for overnight calls to be taken from home
- Minimally invasive surgery required, 4 hours per week at the ambulatory surgery center
- Unrestricted CA Medical License
- Current CA DEA certificate required prior to start date
- OB/GYN Board Eligibility or Certification
- Experience with IUDs, Colposcopy, LEEP, basic office procedures
- Expertise in minimally invasive surgery (not including robotic surgery)
- Interest in Office Ultrasound
- Residence in proximity to the area (East Los Angeles, San Gabriel Valley)
- Medical or fluent Spanish speaking ability
- Previous experience preferred, not required
- Robust Benefits Package and Bonuses
- Patient panel bonuses & other bonuses based on quality metrics
- Leadership Pathways and Partnership
- Dedicated support staff such as nurses and medical assistants
- CME Reimbursement and Related Time Off
- Paid License Renewals
- Malpractice Coverage
- Advanced EMR system in place
- Employee Wellness Program
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.