First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is seeking to employ a BE/BC OB/GYN to join their successful employed physician group. The group is located in the highly desirable area of Sarasota, Florida approximately 60 minutes south of Tampa and 1.5 hours north of Ft. Myers on the West Coast of Florida.
Sarasota Memorial Hospital is an award-winning full-service health system with 839 beds and specialized expertise in heart, vascular, cancer, and neuroscience services, as well as a network of outpatient centers, long-term care and rehabilitation among its many nationally recognized programs. It is the only hospital providing Level II Trauma, obstetrical services, a 25 bed Pediatric Unit, and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Sarasota County.
Sarasota Memorial is a CMS 5-Star rated hospital in Florida for its overall quality. It is the only hospital in Florida and one of just 52 across the nation to maintain their top rating since 2016. It has been named among the Top 100 Hospitals in US, the top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals in US in 2021, and it received an "A" Grade for Patient Safety in 2020. Additionally, it has been named a U.S. News High Performer in 2020-2021 and recently was named one of the world's best hospitals by Newsweek Magazine. SMH was one of 13 hospitals in Florida to make the list.
The Level III NICU at Sarasota Memorial has 33 private rooms. The hospital has neonatologists on site 24/7 and Maternal Fetal Medicine coverage. The Mother Baby unit holds 28 beds and Labor & Delivery has 14 spacious suites, 3 C-section Operating Rooms and a 4-bed recovery area. The hospital also has a 7-bed OB ECC and triage unit near the Emergency Room. The hospital performed 3,910 deliveries in 2020, and we have 4 daVinci robots accessible to our surgeons.
Additional Information about the Group:
- Join an established practice of (3) OB/GYN’s.
- Provide Outpatient Obstetrics & Gynecologic Care.
- Perform C-Sections and Gynecologic surgeries/procedures.
- Perform deliveries and provide coverage for physicians in their group in equal rotation.
- On staff at one hospital - Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
- Equitable weekend call coverage with other OB/GYNs in the practice - 1:4
- FPGs OB Hospitalist group covers the OB ECC for all patients that present to the hospital, and they provide back-up coverage as needed. OB/GYNs from the outpatient group cover their own deliveries.
- The practice model allows for OBGYNs to truly be "off" when not on call.
- Board-Certified preferred, but we will consider Board Eligible if within 3 years of completing training.
- Licensed in Florida but will accept CVs from physicians interested in applying for FL License.
- Graduate of an ACGME accredited OB/GYN program
- A 2 year employment contract with a generous salary and bonus potential. Physicians transition to a pay model after 2 years.
- Comprehensive benefits - health, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, 403B Retirement Plan, CME, PTO and many other perks.
- Relocation assistance is provided.
- As an employee of a public, State of Florida organization, physicians are entitled to sovereign immunity.
- We are a not-for-profit entity. Physicians can participate in the PSLF Program if employed by FPG.
First Physicians Group is one of the gulf coast’s foremost primary and specialty care groups. The group is comprised of 320+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers in 32 different specialties and 54 practice locations throughout Sarasota and Manatee Counties. It is backed by the tradition and strength of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System.