This job is archived
- Care for and treat women during prenatal, intrapartum and postnatal periods.
- Treat diseases of female anatomy.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene and disease prevention.
- Perform cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patient?s health and deliver babies safely.
- Procedures may include but not limited to: Office biopsies, colposcopy, IUD placement, hysteroscopy, laparoscopic, and open procedures
- Review patient?s history and perform physical examinations. Evaluates diagnoses and provides appropriate treatment and patient care.
- Recommends suitable management for the patient, including but not limited to, preventive health recommendations and habits.
- Prescribes medications and formulates ongoing treatment plans.
- Provides relationship-centered care including the patient?s psychosocial needs.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or foreign equivalent.
- Completion of four year post graduate medical training from an accredited residency program in area of practice and three years of obstetrics and gynecology fellowship training
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Must possess current, unrestricted New York State license or be eligible for licensure.
- Must possess a valid Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
- Must possess Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll.
- BLS or ACLS certification required but both strongly preferred
- Seeking both experienced and newly trained providers.
- 2-4 years of obstetrics and gynecology clinical experience in an outpatient setting
- Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to treat and diagnose a wide variety of obstetrics and gynecology conditions and improve patient outcomes.
- Competency in diagnosis and treatment to assure high standards of patient care and safety
- Patient-centered approach toward a positive patient experience.
- Interest in Population Health Management.