This job is archived
Title: Director of Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN)
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring a Director of Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN) for a top academic health system with a prominent medical school serving New York City and surrounding metro areas. The Director of Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN) will build the strengths of the division and its current programs to develop and strengthen its clinical and academic operations, including research initiatives. The Director of Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN) will develop a multi-year plan that aligns with the organization’s strategic vision, goals and directives. The Director of Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN) will oversee the assignments and day-to-day workflows of the Generalist Division’s clinical service lines.
- Educate Division members regarding the policies of the Medical College/Center, and the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education regulatory requirements.
- Ensure Division faculty meet educational program objectives as well as provide educational and instructional opportunities for all levels of trainees.
- Ensure customer service, patient care and patient quality and safety initiatives are met.
- Ensure coverage for all Division clinical activities at all clinical sites, including call and emergency coverage.
- Ensure Division faculty distribution of clinical workload is in accordance with their designated clinical effort expectations.
- Ensure division faculty comply with all Department/Institutional regulatory and policy requirements
- Ensure quality, timely, consistent communication on key issues through regular communication channels.
- Promote faculty development through timely, consistent, frequent customized plans and reviews, and appropriately manage performance issues.
- Promote professionalism within the Division.
- MD or DO with OB/GYN Expertise
- Board Certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology is required
- Exhibit leadership traits that incorporate accountability and critical thinking
- Ability to anticipate and solve complex problems using focused communication skills
- Understand how and when to escalate issues based on the content and severity