In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island our teams accommodate more than 250,000 outpatient visits, more than 89,000 emergency room visits, and with 371 beds, more than 15,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
The primary function is to provide comprehensive, compassionate quality care to the patients of the NYC Health+ Hospitals/Coney Island. Under supervision of the Site Medical Director with broad latitude for independent judgement and initiative, the Staff Physician is an integral part of the medical team at his/her facility. He/She is expected to take a leading role in the delivery of health care services to our patients. In addition, he/she is responsible for the supervision of the Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners.
- Examines patients, orders or performs appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Arrange for discharge and after care.
- Develops assessment and treatment plan.
- Write/dictate admission, progress, procedure notes and discharge summaries.
- Provides patient education and counseling covering health status, test results, disease processes and discharge planning.
- Formulates diagnosis, directs or performs appropriate therapeutic treatment and counsels patients.
- Consults with other members of the professional staff as needed.
- Timely completion of documentation in the Electronic Health Record.
- Provides clinical guidance and direction to the house staff and other members of the healthcare team as needed.
- Advises the less experienced members of the professional medical staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Privacy and Security rules outlined in the HIPAA guideline.
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of standards of performance for physicians and other professional employees working in the service.
- Knowledge of and commitment to achieving facility performance indicator(P.I.) targets.
- Maintains required credentials, current licensure and CME requirements.
- Performs other administrative, professional, consultative duties as needed by the Department Chair person.
- Complies with and maintains Employee Health Requirements.
- Graduate of an approved medical school
- 60% OP, 40% IP, General clinic, resident education, L&D, consults
- Successful completion of an accredited residency program in the appropriate clinical specialty.
- Possession of a valid license to practice medicine in New York State.
- Possession of a valid DEA license.
- Current Board Certification issued by the appropriate American Specialty Board or eligibility to obtain Board Certification within 5 years of hire.
- Excellent bedside manner and interpersonal skills.
if interested, please apply today!