**OBGYN Medical Director Opening in LA**
* Located in Alexandria, LA - Baton Rouge 111; Shreveport 124m
* Opportunity for a physician to lead our established OBGYN hospitalist team as Medical Director
* 6-7 (24-hour) shifts per month
* Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of being an OB/Gyn hospitalist
* We ask that you be a board certified OBGYN and possess a current Louisiana license (or willingness to expedite) with an active and current skill set along with the confidence to be the only covering clinician in the event of an emergency
* Ability to partner with nursing and support in-house call coverage for community clinicians
* Willingness to drive patient safety and quality initiatives as required by the Patient Safety Organization
* Insurability for professional liability insurance
* At least 3 years of active practice and a successful track record
* Industry leader in providing integrated hospital-based services offering you the ability to grow professionally through CME and training
Medical Center has been part of central Louisiana for more than 100 years. The medical center is a 328-bed, innovative medical facility and Level II trauma center with more than 200 physicians from 30 medical specialties. This facility boasts the area's only pediatric intensive care unit, the largest neonatal intensive care unit, cutting-edge cancer treatment and orthopedic services, and the area's most comprehensive cardiac program. The hospital also has multiple accreditations and certifications and is well-awarded for clinical excellence.
Alexandria lies on the south bank of the Red River in almost the exact geographic center of the state. Summers are hot and humid, and winters are mild with occasional cold snaps. With plenty of lakes, parks, and golf courses, you'll have chances to enjoy the outdoors. Historical churches, plantations, and towns appeal to history buffs while quaint shops and main streets keeps the cultural side of you happy.