Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in how we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
St. Michael Medical Center, a 299-bed facility, just opened in 2020 and proudly builds on the rich legacy of care that began with the Harrison family more than 100 years ago. The premier medical center in Silverdale puts patients and families first. As part of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health’s system of 10 hospitals and 230 specialty clinics, St. Michael Medical Center welcomes, heals, and cares for Kitsap and Olympic Peninsula communities. The recent $500 million expansion offers the very latest in technology, ecological design, and healing comfort.
- Established team with 21 physicians, 4 APPs, and two clinical performance nurse
- No call
- No procedures required
- Closed ICU
- 7on/7 off nights – 9 pm-7 am
- Comp range: $220-330K, depending on number of contracted shifts
- H1B and J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid, and services covered
Silverdale – an Idyllic Blend of Natural Beauty and Urban Accessibility
Nestled on the picturesque Kitsap Peninsula in Washington State and positioned centrally on the peninsula and just a short drive or a scenic ferry ride away from Seattle and Tacoma, Silverdale provides the best of both worlds. Its proximity to pristine beaches, lush parks, and enchanting trails beckons outdoor enthusiasts to explore hiking, biking, fishing, boating, and more. The nearby Olympic National Park, with its diverse ecosystems and untouched wilderness, invites adventure seekers. Yet, Silverdale itself boasts a thriving community, complete with shopping centers, restaurants, and entertainment options like the Kitsap Mall. Home to Naval Base Kitsap, it enjoys a rich tapestry of cultural diversity and economic vitality. Silverdale’s temperate climate, verdant landscapes, and waterfront charm make it a Pacific Northwest paradise. With local events, festivals, and markets fostering a strong sense of community, Silverdale offers a harmonious lifestyle where residents can savor breathtaking views, outdoor adventures, and close-knit connections while relishing easy access to the amenities of nearby Tacoma and Seattle.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Sound Physicians fosters an engaging environment where individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. All of us build our practice, and everyone is empowered to contribute and improve our practice.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance