ABOUT USUT Health Tyler has recently been designated as a Comprehensive Stroke Center - as a new program, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the future of the UT Health organization. We currently have two interventional radiologists and are performing stroke and Code Angio to the DAWN and DEFUSE-3 time windows. We are also able to do some salvage procedures for posterior circulation. Our neurosurgeons are Barrows and Harvard trained. We will have teleneurology support for the evenings and have community neurology support when needed. Schedule will be 7 on, 7 off, with 10 hour shifts. One weekend of call a month required.
Our comprehensive program provides collaborative, multi-disciplinary care and access to cutting edge technologies. We are also experiencing a period of unprecedented growth and development coupled with institutional expansion throughout east Texas.
- Competitive income with state of Texas benefits package
- Excellent physician schedule and lifestyle
- Friendly work environment with established physicians
- Advanced diagnostics and technology on site
Tyler is an affordable metropolitan city of over 100,000 offering cultural diversity, a major university campus, a healthy range of medium to large size businesses, and is known for its rolling hills, forested landscapes, lakes, pine trees, Rose Garden, and a number of arts and educational venues. Dallas and Shreveport, Louisiana are within 90 minutes driving time from Tyler.
- Outstanding area public and private schools – high test scores
- Small-town comforts with easy proximity to metropolitan cities
- A family-oriented lifestyle
- The many lakes, tall pines and ideal climate make for scenic views and great outdoor recreation
- Affordable housing and low cost of living
- Various lifestyle choices for living – lake front, historical homes, or suburban – all within 5 to 15 minutes from the hospital
- No state income tax
PPR Search Consultant [Register to View] [Register to View]