This job is archived
- Evaluate patient through questions, examinations, memory tests, or movement activities.
- Perform diagnostic tests, imaging tests, EEGs, and biopsies.
- Analyze patient test results, blood work, and spinal fluid.
- Set patient goals and discuss treatment plan.
- Establish timelines, tasks, and medical needs of patient.
- Develop treatment plans for medications or therapy to help patient reach their goal.
- Prescribe medications and monitor patient intake.
- Recommend surgeons or other further treatments.
- Consult neurosurgeon and other surgeons on patient procedures.
- Document patient records and progress including symptoms, medications, and treatments.
- Provide patient with tools and methods for recovery and better quality of life.
- Educate patient, patient?s family, significant others, and relevant parties of patient progress, treatment, and future goals.
- Board Certified MD
- Licensed to practice medicine in New York State
- Completed residency in Neurology
- Great interpersonal relations, communications, and demeanor
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.