Baptist Medical Center, a member of the Baptist Health System in San Antonio, TX, is seeking a BC/BE Neurohospitalist to join our growing neurosciences program.
The Baptist Health System has been a trusted provider of health and wellness services in San Antonio and South Texas for over 115 years. Our integrated healthcare system is comprised of six hospitals, a comprehensive cancer care network, fitness and rehabilitation centers, urgent care clinics, a physician network, imaging centers, ambulatory services and the Baptist School of Health Professions.
- 632 bed hospital
- Primary Stroke Center
- Award-wining stroke care
- Week on/ Week off rotation providing inpatient consult services to stroke and general neurology patients, with the support of advanced practitioners
- Shifts are defined as a 24 hour period, with onsite presence during the day and overnight on-call service
- Average daily census: 16-18 patients
- We offer a highly competitive salary guarantee, as well as a robust benefits package including:
- A monthly stipend to be provided during the completion of your residency or fellowship
- Loan repayment assistance
- Annual CME stipend
- Health, life, disability, and malpractice insurance
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration!
Our team is a certified Brain and Stroke Network, thus Stroke training/certification a plus (but not a requirement). Join a team of dedicated physicians with the goal of providing the highest quality patient care to the community. This position offers an excellent work-life balance, and an opportunity to practice in a warm climate area of the country with a low cost of living and reputable schools, entertainment, and recreation.
San Antonio is a matchless community due to its influential and culturally unique flavors. The rich, historic comes alive with art, architecture and music. Once known for its commitment to tradition, San Antonio has emerged as a revitalized city and is said to be the poster child of what flourishing American cities will become. The regeneration of urban space has created an iconic way of life, with popular areas such as The Pearl and ‘Southtown.’ These are major examples of how the City is revolutionizing its appeal by recreating historic architecture with contemporary modernization. Young professionals, established businesses and innovative movements can all find their niche of endless possibilities in this thriving environment to project their ideas and ambitions
As the 7th largest growing metropolitan city in the nation, San Antonio’s well established, diverse community of healthcare and medical service providers - comprised of hospitals, physicians and other specialty providers - form a strong foundation for the well-known major medical hub. An excellent business climate and an attractive, affordable lifestyle contribute to the cities low cost of living. As a community that truly provides the good life, it’s no wonder why people are attracted to the lifestyle.
- Population has grown by 11.75% from 2010-2016; expecting 1 million to relocate into SA by 2040
- Only US city with a AAA bond rating - financially strong infrastructure and resilient economy
- Multiple school districts awarded and/or nominated for Excellence in Education
- 120,000 jobs were added in 2016 - Military, Biosciences and Financial Services fields
- Popular family friendly activities - Six flags Fiesta Texas, SeaWorld, The Alamo, The River Walk
- Recreational areas include nature parks, rivers, botanical gardens, hiking trails and scenic drives into the hill country
- Home to the NBA champs San Antonio Spurs!