ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health North Hospital, located in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, are expanding and seeking a board certified or board eligible neurologist to join its growing neuroscience program in an outpatient only position. Full practice start-up support provided by ECU Health Physicians. Visa candidates encouraged to apply.
Roanoke Rapids is located 85 miles south of Richmond, 85 miles northeast of Raleigh, 20 miles east of beautiful Lake Gaston and less than 5 minutes to I-95.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians
- Opportunity available due to programmatic expansion and market demand for a neurologist in Halifax and Northampton counties
- Strong referral support from multiple primary care practices in the area
- Outpatient only with option for inpatient
- Spacious, recently renovated clinic space
- Support from an established neuroscience team at ECU Health Medical Center, a level 1 trauma and comprehensive stroke center in Greenville, NC that includes the region’s only Neuro ICU, 3 dual-trained cerebrovascular neurosurgeons, an interventional neurologist, inpatient stroke neurologists, neurologists, neurointensivists, and a large team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- Competitive compensation and benefits to include: final year resident/fellow stipend, annual stipend, relocation assistance, vacation, sick, and holidays, malpractice (with tail), 401k, 457b, medical, dental, and vision, disability, and life insurance
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits plan, qualified applicants may also be eligible for loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends.
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 185 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 110 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research. www.ecuhealth.org
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between.
ECU Health North Hospital is a 204-bed hospital that includes a medical staff of over 60 physicians. With a service area that includes Halifax, Northampton, and Warren counties, the hospital offers a broad range of medical and surgical services including 24-hour emergency care, primary and specialty care, and diagnostic services.
Roanoke Rapids is located in northeastern North Carolina close to the Virginia border. Whether you prefer downtown living or more rural lake living, Roanoke Rapids/Halifax County has the perfect spot to call home! Roanoke Rapids affords residents the comforts of small town living within close proximity to the beautiful waterways of North Carolina and Virginia including the Roanoke River and Lake Gaston. Friendly neighborhoods conveniently located near the hospital, vast country acreage, and waterfront home sites are just a few of the things that make Roanoke Rapids unique.
- A desirable climate with mild winters and four distinct seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Outstanding recreation including golf courses, community theater, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks
- Close proximity to North Carolina and Virginia beaches
- Affordable cost of living
- Excellent public and private school options
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.