Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center / Veterans Administration
Duties will be split between the Lubbock VA Clinic at 2/8th employment and 75% employment with the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC).
Responsibilities for the Lubbock VA Clinic include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Nephology physician will admit, evaluate, diagnose, treat, perform history and physical exams, and provide consultation to patients with illnesses and disorders of the kidney, high blood pressure, fluid and mineral balance, and dialysis of body wastes when the kidneys do not function. Assess, stabilize, and determine disposition of patients with emergent conditions consistent with medical staff policy regarding emergency and consultative call services.
Responsibilities for TTUHSC include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Training/certification in Nephrology
- Participation in teaching medical students, residents, and Nephrology fellows in lectures, conferences, and bedside teaching
- Maintain regular Nephrology outpatient clinics and dialysis rounds
- Provide on a rotational basis inpatient hospital service and outpatient clinic at Montford Correctional Facility
- Scholarly activity in the area of Nephrology will be required
Provide inpatient hospital service for General Internal Medicine
MD, MBBS, or DO degree
Fellowship trained in Nephrology
Board Certified/ Board Eligible in Nephrology
Candidates for this position must be a U.S. Citizen to work at the Lubbock VA Clinic.
Rank of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor and applicable salary are dependent upon candidate’s qualifications and experience.
AST/ASN accredited training in Transplant nephrology is desirable but not required.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Online Application Required (27447BR)