**Neonatology Job Opportunity in Abilene, TX**
180 miles from Dallas, TX
Regional draw of 400,000 people
**About the Opportunity:**
- Full-time, permanent
- Hospital employed
- Excellent opportunity in new state of the art designated Level III NICU. Looking for candidates that can bring excellent clinical expertise, independence and are eager to grow professionally.
- The practice is composed of a diverse group of 2 Neonatologists and 4 NNPs who provide care in a single Level III NICU.
- The schedule is flexible and allows ample time for family and personal activities, and consist of 24-hour call from home with in-house NNP that can be bundle to accommodate personal needs.
- Competitive compensation
- Sign-on bonus (25K)
- Relocation assistance (15K)
- Excellent benefits
- Marketing to community and region included
**Intensive Care Unit:**
- The Level III NICU is 12,000 square feet and includes 25 beds for babies and four private rooms. Its equipped with the most advanced technology designed to care for our tiniest patients, including Giraffe beds, panda warmers, kangaroo chairs and therapeutic hypothermia.
- In the NICU, the team of experts, including neonatologists, neonatal nurse practitioners, NICU-certified registered nurses, therapists and many others, who are available 24 hours a day to provide the best care possible for patients and their families. The size of babies in the NICU can range from average full-term weight to micro-preemies, which weigh one pound or less.
- The NICU cares for infants that are 23 weeks of gestation and above, and also term infants with non-surgical medical problems. The NICU provides different modes of ventilation (conventional ventilation, NAVA, HFVO, bubble CPAP) and also Nitric oxide. Infants that require a higher level of care are transported to the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex to receive further medical care. Telemedicine services from Cook Children's Hospital provides extensive sub specialty coverage. Pediatric cardiology is available on site.
**Community and Medical Center Details:**
- Abilene, Texas offers a high quality of life both professionally and personally.
- Abilene, Texas is a regional center of higher education and the Arts. This mid-sized city is home to 120K people with a 24 county regional draw of 400,000. The people distinguish themselves as being warm, friendly and open to accepting new people and ideas. It is a charming, safe community and a fine place to raise a family.
- The health system serves as the hub for healthcare services in the Texas Midwest. Founded in 1924, it is now licensed for 564 beds and offers a broad spectrum of services ranging from prenatal and birthing services to retirement living and hospice care. You will find most medical and surgical specialists are on staff to assist in the care of your patients.