This job is archived
- Medical school graduate
- Experience in Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Public Health preferred
- Current licensure within the State
- Maintains a current DEA number
- Current CPR certification
- Must maintain privileges
- Maintains CME requirements for continued medical practice in the State
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine referred patients.
- Visits the infirmary daily when on-site and records encounters in the patient's progress notes.
- Ensures progress note documentation in Electronic Medical Record (EMR) or on approved paper form is in SOAP format, problem oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is legible, if handwritten.
- Ensures all documentation is dated, timed, problem oriented and encounters in EMR are locked with document made or legible and signed, if handwritten.
- Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within one business day, if possible.
- Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens before utilizing non-formulary procedures.
- Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site referral, if possible.
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Demonstrates proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and related drug therapy.
- Supports standards of correctional medical care through adherence to existing policies and procedures for: admission to the infirmary, transfer to emergency room and utilization review process for specialty consultant referrals.
- Supervises care given by other professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions as needed.
- Reports any doubts or questions regarding the lack of appropriate referrals, nursing or medical intervention necessary for the realization of established patient goals to the Regional or Corporate Medical Director for disposition.
- Provides clinical oversight to the facility medical program, as defined by the NCCHC and ACA standards.
- Consults with medical specialists for advice and expertise in their respective areas.
- Provides consultation for all professionals in the system.
- Provides medical services to patients as scheduled.
- Partners with H.S.A. in supervising continuous quality improvement program, including patient grievances, sanitation, infection control, utilization management, pharmacy and therapeutics and assists in development of appropriate criteria.
- Serves as member of the Continuous Quality Improvement Committee. Make recommendations to improve patient outcomes.
- As needed not less than annually reviews and approves the treatment protocols, clinical policies and procedures, to include infection control and infirmary (if applicable at site) and the fire and disaster plans.
- Serves as liaison with health care providers in the community
- Works with the Health Services Administrator to identify problems and to recommend solutions to improve patient outcomes.
- Assist the Health Services Administrator to establish and maintain Chronic Care Clinics that assure compliance with NCCHC and ACA standards, as well as The Company policy/procedures.
- Assist the Health Services Administrator to monitor pharmacy services including formulary compliance, prescribing patterns and dispensing of medication.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer