Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.
Jacobi has recently become a New York State certified STEMI receiving center with an active PCI program, and has started a mechanical support program including ECMO. The Division of Cardiology is a major teaching affiliate for Montefiore’s Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program and has its own fellowship in Vascular and Endovascular Medicine. Jacobi has outstanding cardiovascular clinical facilities offering a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including coronary and peripheral vascular interventions, pacemaker, ICD and BiV ICD implantation, and cardiac CT / MRIResponsibilities:
The Jacobi Medical Center, Division of Cardiology is seeking an experienced Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) Director for its Cardiology Division. The Jacobi CICU Director will take an active role aligning CICU activities with the Department of Medicine’s strategic plan under the direction of the Chairman/designee and the hospital administration.
The CICU Director will report directly to the Chief of the Division of Cardiology and collaborate very closely with the Jacobi Medical Intensive Care Unit, all CICU attending cardiologists and pulmonary critical care physicians regarding all patients in the CICU, while leading and directing all activities in CICU.
There is also an academic component which involves overseeing residents who are rotating through the CICU. The CICU Director will also have an academic appointment at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. This involves research and establishing an educational curriculum for the residents.
- This physician will be an important team member of several specialized clinical care teams: ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI), Cardiogenic Shock, Pulmonary Embolism Response Team (PERT), Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO).
- Clinical responsibilities include inpatient cardiovascular medicine service (CICU and cardiology consult service) and outpatient cardiovascular service including heart failure clinic, echo, and stress testing
- Teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows
- The candidate will have an active role in the cardiology fellowship training program overseeing the educational activities related to critical care cardiology
NY State Medical License
Board Certified in Cardiology
Completed a fellowship in either Advanced Heart Failure (preferred) or Critical Care
Cardiologist with at least 5 years crtitcal care/heart failure/advanced heart failure/interventional cardiology experience
Additional American Board of Internal Medicine Certification in – Critical Care Medicine or Advanced Heart Failure
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Katherine Sharpe, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at [Register to View]
EOE M/F/D/V[Register to View]