This job is archived
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Health care leaders turn to Optum Advisory Services (OAS) for guidance, insights and practical strategies to help assert control over their organization’s future. We are more than just consultants. We are also operators with real-world health care experience, which helps clients hardwire and sustain more meaningful results that would otherwise not be achievable. As integrators across Optum, we deliver unique client-focused strategies and impact. Our proven track record driving success across the entire health care continuum empowers clients to grow, thrive and disrupt.
The Clinical Director, Revenue Cycle plays a key role across delivery, product / solution development, and business development. The Optum Advisory Services Revenue Cycle team helps clients achieve optimal quality and revenue capture via improvement in administrative, operational, and clinical functions. The Director will help guide and contribute to documentation projects, proactively anticipate challenges and risks, make sound adjustments / recommendations to address issues, and play a leading role in improving business processes, knowledge management, etc.
You will enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serves as clinical lead for Revenue Cycle Clinical engagements (leads client meetings; defines clinical strategy; customizes training and adoption approach; chart reviews)
- Assists consulting teams to accurately diagnose the issues the client has identified (as well as underlying issues), and determine the appropriate solutions that will lead the client to achieve best practice clinical documentation performance
- Builds consensus among client stakeholders who play a critical key role in the health system’s ability to successfully implement the identified solutions
- Communicates effectively and accurately in writing and verbally to prospects, members and other staff
- Demonstrates strong relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
Solution / Product Development
- Provides subject matter expertise to contribute to revenue cycle consulting new product development (e.g., development of ambulatory CDI program)
- Direction and decision making related to performance of select products(s) / solution(s)
- Serves as clinical lead for the development of new product(s) / solution(s) and the enhancement of existing product(s) / solution(s)
- Collaborates with internal clinical, technical, and operational leadership to enhance select products / solutions
- Supports business development and marketing efforts, including preparation for and participation in business development meetings, demonstration of solutions, and overall pipeline development / strategy
- Serves as a clinical subject matter expert for business development activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- U.S. Registered Nurse (RN) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Experience facilitating the exchange of information within all levels in a provider based, client organization, including, but not limited to, surgeons, anesthesiologists, hospital executives, and other professional and ancillary staff
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and ICD-10-CM / PCS, CPT, HCPCS, modifier coding and specificity of documentation changes
- Working knowledge of clinical documentation requirements and industry trends
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong presentation skills
- Able and willing to travel up to 75% of the time when safe
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- CDIP, CCDS, or HCC risk adjustment
- Certified ICD-10-CM / PCS AHIMA approved trainer
- Consulting firm (or related) experience including project management, developing and presenting deliverables, and analytics
- Project management experience
- Background in healthcare consulting with specific expertise in one or more of the following areas: hospital operations; medical group operations; health analytics
- Working knowledge of the reimbursement cycle and varying payment models such as DRGs, fee for service, risk-based payments, and bundled payments
- Ability to educate and present to clinicians and physician
- Ability to work as part of team, meet deliverable deadlines, and collaborate with clinical and non-clinical team members
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical Manager, Revenue Cycle, Consulting, Consultant, Manager, Clinical, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote