- Provide quality medical services: gather historical information, examine, diagnose and treat illnesses, evaluate health status, initiate preventive and therapeutic measures.
- Carry a patient caseload consistent with quality of care and productivity standards and as supervisory duties will allow.
- Participate in after hours telephone triage coverage on rotating basis.
- Complete all necessary documentation, including adequate and legible progress notes in the medical record.
- Provide clinical supervision of School Based Health Nurse Practitioners including site visits as needed.
- Develop strategies to address issues and concerns regarding patient flow, productivity, staff relations, patient relations, and other pertinent areas.
- Assist in developing, reviewing, and maintaining timely clinical protocols that support the provision of clinical services through efficient and effective patient care procedures.
- Coordinate with other clinical departments, including laboratory and radiology, in order to assure appropriate integration of clinical services with applicable sub-specialties
- Partake in the teaching and supervision of paramedical personnel by imparting understanding of the rationale and methods of diagnostic and therapeutic activities on the job on an on-going basis, and when requested, in a more formal manner.
- Assist to establish and coordinate services with other medical facilities (in particular local area hospitals) to insure the continuity of care for the Center's patients.
- Assist in the development and execution of peer review chart audits and other appropriate quality activities.
- Review, monitor and ensure the implementation of a quality improvement program and internal goals of the practice, including peer reviews and clinical measures.
- MD or DO Degree
- 2+ years of clinical skills in an ambulatory care setting; FQHC experience preferred
- Master s in Public Health, Public Administration or similar degree program, preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Prior administrative experience in a clinical or non-clinical setting.
- Valid NYS medical license