About Corizon Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health professional, you have access to the resources and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Regional Medical Director (RMD) with Corizon Health:
- Provision of comprehensive health care.
- Serve as liaison for clinical matters related to on site, off site specialty care, emergency department services and inpatient care.
- Provide 24/7 on call back up call for site medical directors.
- Participate in Continuous Quality and Safety Improvement functions, including clinical quality indicators, patient safety and chart and site audits.
- Adherence to UM programs specific to the contract requirements and corporate’s UM and clinical policies and procedures.
- Attend facilities’ meetings as required and requested.
- Provide comprehensive supervision for overall clinical services for assigned site(s).
- Ensure each facility has the necessary medical equipment and tools to deliver appropriate care.
- Assist with the development of medical audit criteria and clinical corrective action plans.
- Provide direction and assistance to the on-site quality improvement program, including review of grievances and development of corrective action plans involving patients and staff complaints.
- Serve as discussion leader for selected in-service training classes.
- Represent the health care program in discussions with local civic groups or visiting officials.
- Monitor referrals to outside health care facilities for appropriateness, quality and continuity of care.
- Consult with medical providers in the community to timely resolve issues involving delivering of health services to patients.
- Serve as a clinical resource and director to the Site Medical Director and HSAs. Be available for the staff and client to address expeditiously any administrative or medical issues.
- Provide medical and correctional staff training and education regarding aspects of continuing care to patient population, when requested.
- Maintain active credentials required for employment by Corizon.
- Monitor compliance for maintenance of required credentials of all practitioners providing care within their assigned contracts.
- Ensure compliance with re-credentialing.
- Ensure review of patient care information (laboratory results and previous QNXT documents) when managing on site, OPR, ED and IP care.
- Sponsor advanced practice clinicians in compliance with the state law for licensure.
- Participate in committee meetings as deemed necessary by Corizon Health leadership and its clients.
- Assist in screening, interviewing and evaluating credentials of healthcare providers.
- Ensure compliance with peer reviews per Corizon Health’s policies.
- Demonstrate flexibility when required to maintain stability and responsiveness to the unpredictable challenges in correctional health care delivery.
- Have the ability to multitask throughout various components of the clinical and operational tasks.
- Participation and compliance with all company policies, procedures, and clinical and pharmacy initiatives.
- Be willing to provide direct patient care when required to meet critical needs and contractual obligations.
- Participate in Business Development activities to include client meetings and Proposal preparation.
- Participate in the Partners in Excellence program.
- Complete annual Human Resources requirements to include Performance Evaluations and Goal setting.
- Participate in annual Finance exercises to include annual budget preparation and monthly financial business reviews.
- Participate in RFP proposals, oral presentations and start-ups.
- Will perform site visits quarterly (with assistance from an Asst. RMD as necessary).
- Perform assignments and duties that are required/requested by the CMO, and/or SVP.
- Provides typical community standard care based on evidenced based medicine for clinical services required including but not limited to sick call, chronic care, History and Physicals, and all emergency care needs. When applicable, visits the infirmary daily and documents encounters in patient's Medical Record as assigned. The goal is to provide the right care, at the right time, and at the right location.
- Will provide call as needed for the role.
- Adheres to approved formulary for therapeutic regimens before utilizing non-formulary procedure. Documents pertinent observations and logical conclusions to validate need for non-formulary medication on non-formulary request form for Medical Director's approval when non-formulary medication is ordered.
- Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site referral. Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Demonstrates proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and related drug therapy with certification as required by credentialing.
- Supports standards of medical care through adherence to existing policies and procedures. Serves as a resource to other professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions as needed.
- Attends Medical Staff meetings as required. Provides monthly in-service education of staff as requested. Participates in monthly review of quality of care and chart reviews as requested. Sponsors physician assistants or nurse practitioners as required.
- Notifies CMO and VPO/RVP of schedule changes. Assists in arrangement for coverage of medical services if unavailable for extended period of time.
- Participates in all quality improvement measures including sentinel event review
- Actively participant of the Utilization Review process and follow proper procedures.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
Experience & Requirements
- M.D. or D.O. Degree required.
- Completion of residency in primary care specialty (Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Public Health or Occupational Medicine) preferred
- Must be board certified, board eligible or qualified by the state laws/regulations to practice medicine.
- Must possess or be eligible for a license in the state in which supervisory services are rendered
- Must satisfy all credentialing requirements of Corizon Health
- Utilization Management experience
- Must have minimum of 5 years clinical experience in Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Public Health, or Occupational Medicine
- Current hands-on BLS certification per Corizon Health Credentialing Policy
- Experience in healthcare administration preferred
- Current DEA registration.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Join Our Talent Community
Job Locations US-MD-Hagerstown
Category Clinical & Operations Leadership
Position Type Regular Full-time
Shift / Schedule Day
Location ID 91214