This job is archived
Physician Led Advanced Practice clinician driven geriatric care (care of older adults) team focused on the care of the frail, poly-chronic, elderly Medicare Advantage patients. This population is typically underserved and very challenged with access to care. To address these problems, we have elected to bring the care to the patient, instead of trying to bring the patient to the care. Care is provided throughout the entire continuum of care – from chronic care and urgent care in the home, to hospital, to skilled nursing facility, to assisted living, to palliative care, to end of life care.
Our Medical Directors oversee the clinical Team dedicated to a patient community population. Medical Director will be expected to manage, mentor, and guide the clinical Team as well as deliver primary, urgent and acute medical care to an assigned population of patients. A successful candidate will collaborate with various clinicians along with administrative/operational team(s) to deliver exceptional clinical, operational outcomes to company patients and their families. The Medical Director will be an Ambassador responsible for working with community physicians, hospitals, and other medical facilities including SNF's. Medical Director will be expected to contribute to our culture of collaboration, innovation, significant impact to the lives of our patients while experiencing personal growth within the organization.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Practices the mission: To help our patients lead healthier, meaningful lives by delivering the most Complete Care.
• Collaborates with a clinical Team consisting of interdisciplinary team in managing the health and well-being of patients living in their homes.
• Has a successful relationship with the Market GM, and Senior Medical Officer to achieve quality outcomes and growth in the community.
• Understanding the impact on local and national landscape involving the clinical model consisting of: Health Policy, Socioeconomic, competition, CMS, regulatory, and other clinical data relevant to quality patient care.
• Prioritizes and acts on the most promising opportunities to improve outcomes/performance of the Community metrics (i.e. clinical, cost/revenue, partnerships, and quality measures).
• Spends time fostering key relationships in the Community Network
• For Hospitals and SNFs, where organization is not the attending, Medical Director will identify Hospitalists and SNFist groups, build individual relationships where mutual patient outcomes are achieved and creating contractual relationships when additional alignment is needed
• Partner with Leadership to grow the organization, innovate the model and improve execution
• Develops constructive Cross-functional / Matrix Relationships with business partners to enable the model.
• Community Medical Director will be responsible for floating within the community physician role as needed
• Other tasks needed to accomplish team’s objectives/goals
• Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
• Current and valid state medical license required
• 5+ years’ experience managing an interdisciplinary team
• 5+ years’ minimum experience as a community physician providing geriatric care.
• 3+ years’ responsibility for managing a P&L
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Geriatric certified preferred
• Palliative care certified/focus preferred
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certified
• Have a valid driver’s license, have access to a car and willingness to drive to patient homes/patient location as well as an active auto insurance policy
• EHR medical documentation experience
• Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
• Strong verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent bedside manner and time management skills
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will have direct management authority.