- Oversee and ensure the quality of instruction and clinical education in the program
- Ensure that the program does not place excessive reliance on residents for tasks that do not benefit their education
- Develop, implement, and assess the reliability and validity of evaluation methods.
- Integrate departmental clinical quality improvement programs into the residency program
- Monitor resident duty hours with a frequency sufficient enough to ensure compliance with ACGME requirements
- Adjust resident schedules as necessary to alleviate excessive service demands and/or fatigue.
- Monitor the need for back up support systems when patient care responsibilities are unusually difficult or prolonged.
- Monitor resident stress, including mental or emotional conditions inhibiting performance or learning, and drug, or alcohol related dysfunction.
- Role will consist of 75% administration and 25% clinical.
- MD or DO required
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Valid NYS license
- 4-6 years experience in family medicine practice and teaching medicine residents.