About Corizon Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health professional, you have access to the resources and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Part Time Medical Director with Corizon Health at Easten Reception & Diagnostic Center located in Bonne Terre, Missouri:
- Serve as Chairman of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Consult with medical providers in the community to resolve issues in delivering services to inmates.
- Supervise the clinical services provided by the professional and paraprofessional staff. Annually review and approve clinical protocols, policies and procedures, and medical disaster plan.
- Provide direction and assistance to the on-site quality assurance program including review and action on inmate complaints, and infection control.
- Monitor referrals to outside healthcare facilities for appropriateness, quality, and continuity of care.
- Sponsor physician assistants in compliance with the state law for correctional facilities. Serve as a professional resource for all physicians working at the facility(s).
- Assist in screening, interviewing and evaluating the credentials of healthcare providers.
- Serve as discussion leader for selected in-service training classes. Represent the healthcare program in discussions with local civic groups or visiting officials. As requested, attend medical director's meetings at the Corizon central office. Attend Pharmacy Therapeutic Committee meetings and other meetings, as required.
Experience & Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- Fully licensed to practice medicine in state of employment.
- Current DEA registration.
- Preferablely board certified or board eligible in primary care specialty (family practice, internal medicine or surgery) with administrative experience in corrections and/or managed healthcare delivery.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Share [Register to View]
Not ready to apply?Connect with us [Register to View] for general consideration.
Job Locations US-MO-Bonne Terre
Category Clinical & Operations Leadership
Position Type Regular Full-time
Shift / Schedule Weekday Day
Location ID 00926