Our Clinical Director manages the treatment program for the Sexually Violent Predator program, overseeing the quality of services provided and ensuring compliance with applicable codes, rules, regulations and program procedures.Additional Details *Great Opportunity for Career Growth Qualifications
- Doctoral Degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology or related field
- Knowledge of cognitive-behavioral treatment methods, sex offender treatment methods, and mental health theories, concepts and methods related to treatment in Sexually Violent Predators facilities, forensic or correctional settings.
- Two (2) years of experience providing sex offender specific treatment or treatment in a correctional or forensic setting.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational and clinical observational skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with a wide range of personalities.
- Ability to assign and coordinate work activities and monitor the performance of subordinates.
- Appreciation of the need for and ability to maintain appropriate personal boundaries in working with sexual offender populations.
- Ability to form and maintain good working relationships with a diverse staff and a commitment to enhancing cultural competency.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Licensed or licensed-eligible as a Clinical Psychologist in the state of South Carolina. Must be a clinical member of the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (ATSA).
- Comply with all laws, policies and procedures, rules and regulations formulated by the State of South Carolina Department of Mental Health (DMH).
- Oversee the quality of services provided and ensure compliance with applicable codes, rules, regulations and program procedures.
- Provide clinical oversight of the facility and program to ensure efficient and effective day to day operations.
- Ensure the employment, credentialing, utilization and maintenance of an appropriate number or trained, qualified staff to meet service delivery needs of the program.
- Ensure timely and appropriate training to assure the ability of treatment staff to implement the responsibilities and duties of their positions.
- Ensure participation in the Quality Management Program.
- Design, monitor and evaluate the content and quality of clinical programming and therapeutic activities at facility.
- Coordinate day to day operations with security staff, including training in relevant areas of mental health, forensic issues and sexual offending.
- Assures policies and program are compliant with the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities standards for Adult Residential programming.
- Serve as liaison with the company, the contracting client, and other outside agencies.
- Provide court testimony as needed.
- Complete on-call responsibilities as needed.
- Responsible for report writing, including monthly administrative reports.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Company is an EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.