Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
The Medical Director will be responsible for providing leadership, oversight and transition of the acquisition process to the implementation and integration teams in conjunction with Enterprise Development Teams for the acquired clinics across multiple geographies. Reporting directly to the Chief Medical Officer for Acquisitions and Physician Development and indirectly to the WellMed Medical Management, Inc. President.
1. Assists in the identification of potential physician practice acquisitions across organizational markets.
2. Evaluates and makes recommendations for business development and expansion opportunities within assigned territories.
3. Ensures successful transformation of any acquired clinics from a primarily FFS practice to a managed care practice through the clinic integration process.
4. Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to remain current in the changing healthcare trends as related to management of clinic operations and integration efforts.
5. Develops and maintain a collegial relationships with physicians (employed and contracted) in order to support the business efforts of the organization.
6. Collaborates with Market Operations and Provider Relations staff in the market(s).
7. Assist driving aligned performance through the development of meaningful relationships, financial and quality incentives, best practices, forward thinking solutions to improve our value proposition to medical providers
8. Provides a centralized focus for organizational strategy, leadership and accountability as it relates to acquisition project management and transition initiatives for newly acquired clinics.
9. Recommends, develops and implements strategic long-range planning process in regards to acquisition management components in support of company-wide mission and goals.
10. Evaluates and makes recommendations for business development and expansion.
11. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
12. Facilitates and leads high-level transition process to communicate and manage provider expectations in regard to clinic transition and implementation in accordance with the support of the President, WMG. Facilitates relationship with Clinic Integration and Implementation team to triage culture needs and development of individualized implementation plan.
13. Defines structure and process and coordinates team with subject matter expertise to manage acquisition activities and due diligence plans. Ensures key milestones are met by support functions and works to resolve issues and roadblocks.
14. Ensures due diligence is progressing through management of M&A/Strategic Planning Team.
15. Oversees and ensures development of transition or continuation plan and handoff to appropriate integration, implementation and operations functions.
16. Directly supports Acquisition strategy and coordinates with implementation strategy and identifies potential risks and issues related to integration planning, timelines, cultural integration and functional areas.
17. Drives and directs pre-close transition plan and ensures seamless handoff to Integration and Implementation Team and Market Leadership
18. Acts as the primary point of contact to adjust acquisition and transition plans while identifying ongoing issues, concerns and gaps to ensure alignment of objectives. Works with Clinic Integration and Implementation team and Market Leadership to ensure effective resolution.
19. Maintains on-going relationship with providers to ensure smooth transition and effective integration. Works closely with Clinic Integration and Implementation Team on non-operations issues and drives day to day execution of the transition process, including driving pro-active issue resolution
20. Directs post implementation team audit and physician satisfaction surveys and reviews feedback to assess effective handoff to Market Leadership and Operations team. Develops plan to address gaps, dis-satisfiers, inconsistencies and additional training needs.
21. Conducts post integration evaluation of plan and process and implements appropriate changes on a go-forward basis. Communicates results and best practices to support functions and amends processes
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) required
- Five or more years of clinical experience, including two or more years of managed care experience
- Active, unrestricted medical license in applicable state(s), or ability to obtain licenses rapidly
- Current board certification
- Valid DEA required
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Two or more years managed care experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency preferred
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Geriatric, Primary, care, physician, PCP, doctor, MD, DEA, osteopathy, Texas, TX, medical director