Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) Director, Would Care Program (MD/DO)
Our client, a top teaching Medical Center in New York City, is currently hiring a Director of Wound Healing Program. The Director will provide clinical care and leadership for the Wound Healing Program. In collaboration with specialists throughout the medical center, the Wound Healing Program provides integrated care to patients with chronic wounds in inpatient, outpatient, nursing home, and home-based settings. By facilitating care for highly disabled patients and improving care upstream in the disease process, the aim is to minimize progression, complications, and excessive utilization of health care services. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic Board-certified physician with appropriate training and a commitment to oversee the team's clinical, teaching, and research activities and to guide the program's ongoing growth and evolution.
- Board Certified Physician in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Rehabilitation
- 3-5 years of experience in care of chronic wounds
- Demonstrated leadership
- Strong clinical skills including ability to perform sharp excisional debridements at bedside
- Interest in working across multiple care settings (outpatient, inpatient, nursing home)
- Comfort with managing socially complex patients
- Ability to act as a positive team leader and support cohesiveness of team members
- Ability to persist in program development within a complex organizational environment
- Ability to consider population health perspective in program planning
- Commitment to teaching residents, fellows, and medical students
TAL Healthcare specializes in the recruitment and placement of physicians and clinicians throughout the New York Metropolitan area. We are exceptionally skilled at guiding both healthcare organizations and physicians and other clinicians through the process of finding the most compatible practice opportunities for both parties. We thrive at “matching great companies with great talent.”...