Title: Medical Director
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Our client, a community-based healthcare network in New York City, is seeking to hire a Medical Director. This position is responsible for assuming leadership in clinical care supervising other providers and the clinical team. The Medical Director works with the leadership of the center in building the practice and evaluates the quality of patient care.
- 90% clinical: 10% administrative
- No official call
- 100% outpatient
- Competitive salary
- All major insurances (health, life, disability, malpractice)
- Generous PTO
- CME Benefits
- Supervise all center providers (physicians, NPs, CNMs, and physician assistants).
- Provide medical services to patients in accordance with clinical policies and procedures on a regularly assigned schedule.
- Comprehensive examination and diagnosis of patients at an assigned center.
- Propose policies on care issues and conducts chart audits to assure compliance.
- Collaborate with the Center Director and Nurse Manager in all aspects of center operations.
- Review administrative and clinical policies and procedures annually to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements; propose changes and new policies
- Assure that providers, nurses and laboratory staff adhere to policies and procedures in the delivery of care.
- Work with the Medical Affairs central office to ensure new staff are trained and oriented
- Participate in monthly clinical staff meetings and monthly Providers meetings.
- Oversee the chart audit process and maintains a peer review process at the assigned center.
- Oversee Family Nurse Practitioner training program.
- Facilitate related services for health center patients and staff as appropriate, with respect to their confidentiality and privacy.
- MD License in NYS
- Board Certified in Family Medicine