Title: Associate Medical Director
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Our client, a network of Family Health Centers with locations throughout New York City, is currently seeking to hire an Associate Medical Director. The Associate Medical Director will care for Pediatric and Adolescent patients (birth to 21 years of age). They will also provide medical leadership in identifying and implementing ambulatory care services that meet the needs of the patient population and community.
- Provide quality medical services: gather historical information, examine, diagnose and treat illnesses, evaluate health status, initiate preventive and therapeutic measures.
- Carry a patient caseload consistent with quality of care and productivity standards and as supervisory duties will allow.
- Participate in after hours? telephone triage coverage on rotating basis.
- Complete all necessary documentation, including adequate and legible progress notes in the medical record.
- Provide clinical supervision of School Based Health Nurse Practitioners including site visits as needed.
- Develop strategies to address issues and concerns regarding patient flow, productivity, staff relations, patient relations, and other pertinent areas.
- Assist in developing, reviewing, and maintaining timely clinical protocols that support the provision of clinical services through efficient and effective patient care procedures.
- Coordinate with other clinical departments, including laboratory and radiology, in order to assure appropriate integration of clinical services with applicable sub-specialties
- Partake in the teaching and supervision of paramedical personnel by imparting understanding of the rationale and methods of diagnostic and therapeutic activities on the job on an on-going basis, and when requested, in a more formal manner.
- Assist to establish and coordinate services with other medical facilities (in particular local area hospitals) to insure the continuity of care for the Center's patients.
- Assist in the development and execution of peer review chart audits and other appropriate quality activities.
- Review, monitor and ensure the implementation of a quality improvement program and internal goals of the practice, including peer reviews and clinical measures.
- MD or DO Degree
- 2+ years of clinical skills in an ambulatory care setting; FQHC experience preferred
- Master's in Public Health, Public Administration or similar degree program, preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Prior administrative experience in a clinical or non-clinical setting.
- Valid NYS medical license