This job is archived
- Health & Welfare Consulting. LDB is led by a team of seasoned industry experts who are long-tenured in the field of health and welfare benefits consulting. LDB Associates possess extensive market relationships and clout. They negotiate with vendors from a position of strength and pursue the best terms for their clients by acting in their best interests. A senior officer of LDB sits on each of the major carriers’ broker advisory councils. Their executives’ level of involvement promotes relationship development with senior leadership of the major carriers and creates opportunities for LDB to negotiate the most favorable outcomes for clients. The company’s high retention rate of Associates means each member of a dedicated service team is experienced and committed to working with clients for the long haul.
- Actuarial Services. LDB has developed a wealth of actuarial best practices to help improve clients’ businesses. The company’s in-house actuarial services contribute in the areas of budget development, establishment of funding and COBRA rates, IBNR, plan design and migration assumptions, utilization analysis/cost drivers, contribution modeling and trend analysis. LDB’s actuarial services team provides clients with an independent analysis to verify results and identify opportunities to reduce costs.
- Infolock® Lockton’s account service teams use Infolock®, a proprietary claims analysis system and date warehouse, to help clients visualize trends and identify possible patterns in chronic disease, high-cost claims, and utilization patterns. With this information, LDB Associates are able to recommend strategic, focused wellness- and disease-management initiatives while optimizing benefit plan designs.
- Health Risk Solutions. LDB has long been the leader in reducing costs through risk management. Their data-driven approach measures key health parameters, maps out a set of strategies to reduce the risks that are driving the majority of employee health costs, and delivers the right solutions to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Compliance Services. LDB supplies clients and the LDB Associates who serve them with a broad range of compliance-related support for employee benefit issues arising under ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, the Internal Revenue Code, and other select federal and state statutes and regulations. The Compliance Services division is proactive in apprising Lockton employee benefit consultants and clients about changes in employee benefit rules and regulations affecting client plans and programs. In addition, Lockton’s Health Reform Advisory Practice helps clients deal with uncertainties and track critical issues.
- Employee Communications and Account Services. The LDB team will assist clients in determining the appropriate mix of communications to employees based on each client’s plan, demographics and location, as well as implement a communication plan that outlines the client’s goals and objectives. The team will also manage print and translation vendor relationships; all template collateral is reviewed by the in-house compliance department to ensure compliancy with federal legislation.
Lockton Dunning Benefits’ Philosophies
- Be committed to the highest standards of excellence in everything we do.
- Practice the Golden Rule, and sustain a highly ethical, moral and caring culture.
- Recognize our associates as our most valuable assets.
- Provide the opportunity and support that allows associates to grow, improve and achieve their ultimate potential.
- Recognize and substantially reward exemplary associate performance.
- Respect, value and nurture each client and carrier relationship.
- Be composed of people who demonstrate a passion for delivering unparalleled service--internally and externally.
- Make a recognizable difference to our clients' businesses through innovative solutions to their insurance needs.
- Be proactive in sustaining a meaningful corporate, social and civic responsibility.
- Maintain our independence and private ownership.
- Manage our business for consistent and orderly growth.
- Be a fiercely competitive and aggressive sales organization.
- Generate fair and healthy financial returns.
The Medical Director / Physician Leader (Medical Director) will be an internal and external resource in the areas of wellness, clinical analysis, disease, and medical management to help support the fast-growing Lockton Dunning Benefits organization. He/she will fill a key leadership role within Lockton and become a valued advisor in product development and client support. The Medical Director will participate in business development by developing relationships between the provider and health plan communities in the pursuit of high-quality care, influence how care is delivered, and manage the mission to remove waste and excess cost in healthcare delivery.
The Medical Director will be responsible for the following:
- Provide clinical expertise in the evaluation of client healthcare treatment data using state-of-the-art clinic data analysis tools.
- Make recommendations to improve quality outcomes through the evaluation of treatment information.
- Collaborate with key medical claims payers to improve the usability of client treatment information. Collaboratively work with others at Lockton to share data, knowledge, and findings in support of a collaborative story in the marketplace; share best practices.
- Provide knowledge and marketing support to Lockton’s personnel both in the presale and on-going client management functions.
- Be seen as a leader in the medical community in order to gain trust and buy-in from other healthcare delivery providers, administrators, and the community.
- Serve as the market clinical ambassador on behalf of Lockton, by attending conferences, business development meetings, etc.
- Evaluate wellness programs both globally by vendor and at the client level as those programs relate to specific customer needs.
- Evaluate disease management and medical management programs globally and at the individual client level.
- Make recommendations to clients as relates to wellness programs, disease management programs, and medical management programs best suited to meet their unique needs.
- Collaborate with Lockton’s personnel to continually improve the value of products and services delivered to clients as they continue to distinguish themselves as the premier health and welfare consultant nationally.
Successful candidates for the Medical Director / Physician Leader role will possess the following:
- A minimum of five years of experience in an academic or clinical setting.
- Experience in clinical analytics is strongly desired.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- A self-starter with a propensity towards action.
- Knowledge of the managed care industry and claims payment practices desired.
- A firm knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding.
- Proven track record for managing multiple competing priorities.
- Experience in public speaking or teaching.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
An MD or DO degree with board certification in a recognized specialty is required. An active and current state medical license without encumbrances is required.
An attractive compensation package commensurate with the strategic importance of this position will be fashioned for the successful candidate.