This job is archived
- Sign off on toxicology screens and medical charts.
- Provide medical diagnoses, treatment and advice to patients in accordance with New York State regulations and the scope of training of the clinician.
- Prescribe and/or dispense required medication to patients.
- Provide medical supervision to medical staff.
- Direct, organize, and participate in preventive health programs.
- Develop and implement quality assurance management and utilization review.
- Partake in community outreach programs.
- Complete 30 annual Continuing Medical Education credits.
- Maintain adequate staffing to provide clinical care throughout the system and to meet the regulatory requirements of individual programs.
- Recruit all staff and in collaboration with Human Resources, develops and maintains job descriptions.
- Provide ongoing staff development and in-service training.
- Assure the quality of treatment and related services provided by professional staff, though participation (directly or by designee) in ongoing quality assurance and audit processes.
- Develop policies and procedures for addiction medicine services in each program.
- Ensure that addiction medicine services practice meets regulatory standards of each program and is appropriately documented in the medical record.
- Participate in Quality Assurance processes, including Incident Review meetings and Grievance Committee.
- MD or DO
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Addiction Medicine
- Valid NYS Medical License
- Experience with ambulatory detox programs
- Experience with MAT and has a waiver to prescribe Suboxone
- Addiction medicine experience, with a waiver to prescribe suboxone and harm-reduction evidence-based care model preferred
- Significant community based medical experience, work with homeless population preferred