- Act as chair to the Quality Assurance Committee and the Medical Advisory Committee, appoints its members and sets the agenda.
- Recognize opportunities for improvement and leads the development of projects to improve health outcomes.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures related to medical and nursing care.
- Partake in the hiring, training, evaluation, and education of medical and nursing staff.
- Develop and distributes practice guidelines and describes their appropriate use.
- Assure compliance with all state and federal regulatory requirements for medical care for each program.
- Review and discuss problematic cases with physicians, nurses, nurse care managers and other providers to change and improve treatment plans.
- Develop educational communications such as newsletters for providers and members.
- Valid NYS license and registration
- MD degree from an accredited medical school
- Board certified in Family or Internal Medicine; Geriatrics is a plus.
- Medicare Advantage Program (MAPP) experience required.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulatory and reporting requirements
- 3+ years' experience in a supervisory role with a large healthcare facility