Tenet Healthcare and Fountain Valley Regional Hospital have a fantastic opportunity for a Full-time Physician Advisor in Orange County.
The Physician Advisor is responsible to the hospital Chief Financial Officer for the coordination and management of medical staff affairs, liaison with medical staff, assistance in quality and process improvement and utilization review programs, the development and coordination of appropriate medical education and hospital based research, physician relations, and physician advisor to the case management department. Manages the administration of the hospital’s medical staff functions and medical education programs, and generally provides professional expertise for administration in medical affairs. This involves development and operation of programs and policies of interests to the hospital medical staff and to the hospital as a whole, within the framework established by the Board of Trustees. It also includes the promotion of favorable professional relations within the hospital and community as a whole.
- M.D. or D.O. with current California State Licensure in good standing
- Board Certification in a specialty recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties at time of application is preferred
- Previous experience as a Physician Advisor is preferred; will consider previous Administrative experience
- Experience as a physician leader in a large system, hospital, integrated delivery system or leader of a large complex department
- Reputation as an excellent clinician with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in medical practice
- At least five years of clinical experience involving the delivery of direct patient care in a hospital setting
Please submit CV for consideration!