This job is archived
- Supervise staff psychiatrists and chief psychologist to ensure that all psychiatric evaluations and mental health screenings are completed in a timely fashion and conform to high clinical practice standards.
- Oversee regional mental health coordinators to assure optimal coordination and monitoring of treatment delivery and evaluation services.
- Assure that all ACS and OCFS policies governing the prescription of psychotropic medication to children in foster care are strictly adhered to and that staff physicians are kept up-to-date of the most current best practice standards regarding the use of these medications.
- Supervises the mental health administrative coordinator to ensure that all treatment reports and psychotropic medication progress notes are properly documented
- Leads monthly mental health staff meetings as well as regional compliance meetings to ensure that all mental health recommendations are implemented in a timely fashion.
- Quarterly meetings with regional directors to review and monitor the delivery of mental health services.
- Develop a therapeutic environment in congregate care programs.
- Conduct regular training workshops with clinical, caseworker and child care staff.
- Quality assurance and compliance with all internal and external policy and regulations.
- Monitor all psychiatric emergencies and psychiatric hospitalizations.
- In collaboration with the Development Department, write and apply for grants to support programming.
- Lead the hiring and termination of mental health clinicians.
- Develop annual budget for Mental Health Department in conjunction with the Medical Director and Medical Department Administrator.
- Master's degree in Social Work or related field required
- PhD in Psychology or MD in Psychiatry preferred
- Must have 10+ years experience in Mental Health field
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Extensive knowledge of Child Welfare