This job is archived
Title: Assistant Director for Population and Community Health (MD)
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring an Assistant Director for Population and Community Health (MD) for a network of Family Health Centers with locations throughout New York City. The Assistant Director for Population and Community Health (MD) will be responsible for the development and implementation of Center-wide continuum of care population health initiatives and integration of these initiatives within the health system.
- Examine, diagnose, and treat medical illnesses; evaluate health status, initiate therapeutic and preventive measures, and make appropriate and necessary referrals to specialty and other consultative medical services.
- Participate in after hours? telephone triage coverage on rotating basis.
- Assist the Medical Director in supervising the direct delivery of clinical services of physicians, mid-level practitioners and other clinical non-clinical staff engaged in population health management and activities as well of professional standards and ethics.
- Supervision and direction of Population Health Manager, Chronic Care Nurse Manager, and population health staff.
- Assist in the development of funding proposals to enhance existing programs
- Train, orient, assign, motivate and evaluate staff.
- Ensure adequate scheduling and coordination, including the on-call coverage
- Lead and partner with internal and external team members and stakeholders to proactively manage the populations in alignment with strategic goals
- Assist in developing, reviewing, and maintaining timely clinical protocols that support the provision of clinical services through efficient and effective patient care procedures
- Coordinate with other clinical departments, including laboratory and radiology
- Practice accepted infection control measures
- Communicate on an on-going basis with other health care providers
- Participate in the teaching and supervision of paramedical personnel.
- Assist to establish and coordinate services with other local medical facilities
- Work collaboratively with the RN Unit Managers to assist in achieving efficient patient flow
- Master?s in Public Health, Public Administration or similar degree program.
- License to practice medicine in the State of New York
- Board Certification.
- Prior experience in a multi-site Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or other health care environment.
- Prior administrative experience in a clinical or non-clinical setting.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish or other language