This job is archived
Community Health organization needs a Medical Director:
- See patients of all ages 0-100 although Ped generally take 0-20 and Family/Internal Medicine generally take the adult patients. Full spectrum primary care - diagnose and treat medical illnesses, refer to specialists
- Community health setting diverse patient population, normal primary and patients with more chronic conditions
- Recruit, supervise and evaluate the performance of medical personnel, including internists, pediatricians, and medical specialists. Clinically supervise mid-levels and management nursing staff
- Participate in overall program planning, and coordinate with other clinical areas, such as Mental Health, Nutrition, and Dental, to insure the integration of all clinical services
- Establish and coordinate services with other medical facilities, particularly local area hospitals, to insure the continuity of care for the Center's patients
- Responsible for establishing, implementing and participating in a Quality Improvement Committee and Quality Improvement activities
- Monitor patient utilization and medical staff productivity to insure timely patient access to medical services, as well as cost-efficient services.
- Institute procedures for ongoing chart review, medical care review, and professional standards and ethics
- Responsible for the direction of functioning of the Medical Board and its committees
Employed position with competitive compensation plan and benefits (health, dental, vision, disability), retirement plan, expenses for license/dues/CME, generous PTO plan, paid medical malpractice including tail coverage.
- State license, DEA, CSR (active or applied preferred) but not required
- Residency training in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Bilingual language skills in Spanish preferred, not required
- New graduates completing training in the next 12 months encouraged to apply