Medical Director needed for prominent Insurance/Managed Care organization. Responsible for 3 areas of oversight: Clinical, Prevention and Education, and Administrative
- Evaluate workers with work-related and environmental illnesses; provide patient education including a discussion of workers’ compensation issues; appropriate treatment, referral, and follow-up up activities; monitor patient through subsequent visits; provision of testimony at Workers’ Compensation hearings, as required; assist with disability assessments and rehabilitation services to facilitate safe return to work, as appropriate; assessment of coworkers at risk and need for industrial hygiene involvement.
- Perform medical surveillance exams to monitor work place exposures, i.e. lead, asbestos and respirable silica surveillance exams; respirator clearance exams; other OSHA-mandated examinations; firefighter clearance for duty examinations
- Systematic analysis of clinical evaluations to identify high risk occupations/industries/workplaces
- Develop intervention/prevention strategies for identified occupational health problems
- Design educational programs/lectures on a wide variety of occupational health issues
- Deliver educational programs through speaking engagements, panel discussions, and workshops
- Develop long and short term goals for the program
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports and annual work plan for the Department of Health and Advisory Board
- Supervise multi-disciplinary professional staff. Related activities include directing clinical management meetings; establishing protocols and standing orders for the clinic and overseeing the clinic’s quality assurance program
- Participate in budget preparation, outreach strategies, and activities involving Advisory Board, unions and employers
Employed position with competitive compensation plan and benefits (health, dental, vision, disability), retirement plan, expenses for license/dues/CME, generous PTO plan, paid medical malpractice including tail coverage.
- Board Certified in Occupational Medicine
- 10+ Years of Clinical and Leadership Experience
- Authorized by the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board
- Familiar New York State Workers’ Compensation Board Medical Treatment Guidelines