Title: Medical Director
Location: Manhattan, NY 10004
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring a Medical Director for a federally funded, JCAHO-accredited Community Healthcare Center. The Medical Director will supervise the overall clinical, medical and laboratory functions and activities of the Health Center, ensuring clinical compliance with all appropriate external funding, accreditation and reimbursement guidelines for their large community health center in New York City. This center is part of a progressive, comprehensive multi-site ambulatory health care network that provides a broad range of case managed primary and other health services. The Medical Director serves as a member of the executive management team and is responsible for the supervision and leadership of the medical staff, the quality of medical care delivered and for providing medical expertise to the CEO, management team, and the Board of Directors. The Medical Director will provide medical leadership in identifying and implementing ambulatory care services that meet the needs of the Center’s patient population and community. The Medical Director will split their time between clinical practice and management duties.
- Recruit, supervise and evaluate the performance of medical personnel (including internists, pediatricians, and medical specialists. Clinically supervise mid-levels).
- Provide oversight to Laboratory and Radiology services and monitor contracts for medical supplies, services and equipment.
- Participate in overall program planning and coordinate with other clinical areas (Mental Health, Nutrition, Dental, etc.) to insure the integration of all clinical services.
- Establish and coordinate services with other medical facilities (in particular local area hospitals) to insure the continuity of care for the Center's patients.
- Establish and maintain medical protocols for all areas of medical practice
- Responsible for establishing, implementing and leading a Quality Improvement Committee.
- Monitor patient utilization and medical staff productivity to insure timely patient access to medical services, as well as cost-efficient services.
- Oversee and coordinate the scheduling of clinical in-service training programs
- Prepare and submit reports regarding Health Services to Executive Director as requested.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings and community meetings
- Participate in the preparation of the clinical service budget
- Responsible for the direction of functioning of the Medical Board and its committees.
- Board Certified in a Primary Care field, preferably Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
- Licensure to practice medicine in the State of New York with current registration.
- Significant experience in health care industry or out-patient medical clinics is required.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible positions in the health care field. Supervisory experience and knowledge of budgets and budget preparation.
- Five (5) years of experience in a primary care/ambulatory medical center.
- Must possess a demonstrated commitment to community medicine