This job is archived
- New patients receive a comprehensive intake by our experienced social workers before seeing the psychiatrist.
- Physicians have a full hour for new patients and can use their clinical judgment to determine length of follow up visits.
- Modern patient friendly center with PT, OT, lab services, weight management and urgent care.
- Affiliated Geri Psych inpatient unit, partial program, outpatient ECT & adult day program
- Benefits include no after hours call, coverage of malpractice insurance, support for CME and relocation expenses, health benefits, and flexible number of vacation weeks.
- Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship not needed however psychiatrist must have strong interest in Geriatrics.
- Prior experience with TMS a plus, but not a requirement. Interested candidates will be trained in how to administer TMS along with the current medical staff. The Director will help screen potential patients for TMS therapy, supervise the TMS clinician/coordinator, and collaborate with the medical director on initiatives to increase awareness of this service amongst providers and in the community. The Psychiatrist will also be part of a growing multidisciplinary behavioral/medical geriatric team: which includes a geriatric psychiatrist, geriatrician, psychiatric nurse practitioners, social workers, neuropsychologist, medical assistants and administrative support. Other responsibilities would include doing psychopharmacology assessments and management for seniors with behavioral symptoms in our outpatient clinic.
- Can consider H1b sponsorship