This job is archived
- Pediatric Cardiology Division with 11 subspecialized physicians fully integrated within Children’s Specialty Group.
- Established subspecialty programs in echocardiography, fetal echo, adult congenital, interventional cardiology, cardiac MRI, and electrophysiology.
- In the summer of 2015, CCMC opened a new, state-of-the-art cardiovascular care center that tripled the existing footprint.
- Established Fetal Cardiology program (represented by two cardiologists) who are currently expanding coverage into Western Connecticut and training fetal Sonographers and an MFM fellow.
- Cardiovascular Service Line is being added to the other four key Service Lines of Hematology/Oncology, Neurosciences, Gastroenterology, and Nephrology/Urology.
- Support for the establishment of an Endowed Chair in Pediatric Cardiology.
- Inpatient Director of Cardiology interested in quality improvement has focused on programmatic improvements to maximize efficiency and improve quality of care.
- Robust satellite clinic program with clinics in Glastonbury, Shelton, Danbury, Putnam, and Farmington.
- Opportunities for growth in the future include establishment of a pediatric cardiology fellowship program, a preventative medicine program and/or a heart transplant program.
Connecticut Children’s Medical Center is a nationally recognized, 187-bed not-for-profit children’s hospital serving as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Connecticut School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics. Connecticut Children's is the state’s only academic medical center dedicated exclusively to children. With a depth of skill and expertise that comes from years of experience caring for the unique needs of children, Connecticut Children’s provides expert and compassionate care to young patients and their families.
With a medical staff of nearly 1,100 practicing in more than 30 specialties, Connecticut Children's is a tertiary referral center and provides outstanding care to children of all ages affected by a wide range of conditions. A comprehensive array of pediatric services are available at our hospitals in Hartford and Waterbury, with neonatal intensive care units in Hartford (Level 4) and the University of Connecticut Health Center (Level 3) where the neonatology staff provides exceptional care to nearly 1,000 premature and critically ill newborns annually.
In addition, there is a state-of-the-art ambulatory surgery center, five specialty care centers and 10 practices across the state and in Massachusetts. Our Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center (56,000 visits annually) and Primary Care Center are the busiest between Boston and New York.
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.