Medical Director (Psychiatrist) - Oroville, CA #BD-143-01
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Contact Details:
Register to View

Job Summary

Occupation Physician
Specialty Medical Director
Degree Required MD/DO
Position Type Part-Time/Contract
Work Environment Hospital
Location Oroville, California, United States
Visa Sponsorship No

Job Description

Last Update: 2/15/23
Adelphi is seeking a Medical Director to provide both clinical and administrative services within facilities in Butte County, California. The Medical Director will perform management duties anticipated at approximately 75% of the time, with the remaining 25% designated for the provision of direct psychiatric services.

Job Quick Facts:
• Ref #: BD-143-01
• Profession: Physician
• Specialty: Medical Director (Psychiatrist)
• Location: Oroville, California
• Facility Type: Various (Clinics, Mental Health Centers, etc)
• Service Setting: Inpatient/Outpatient
• Job Type: Contract
• Coverage Type: Clinical, On call
• Start Date: TBD
• Shift Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8 am-5 pm

• Active CA license
• BC
• BLS and ACLS
• DEA license

• In collaboration with the Director and Assistant Director(s) of Clinical Services, evaluate, plan and implement the medical services component and all clinical
services of the Behavioral Health Department.
• Provide leadership to psychiatrists and other staff.
• Participate in the coordination of services across county departments and agencies.
• Provide medical direction and consultation to all mental health and substance use disorder programs in the areas of quality improvement, medication monitoring, and peer
• Work with graduate and/or medical school representatives to obtain graduate and/or psychiatric resident assistance.
• Provide consultation and support to other Department managers, medical staff, doctors and psychiatrists around the provision of the highest quality of psychiatric services.
• Participate in the hiring and contracting of professional staff.
• Act as medical liaison with private physicians and representatives of hospitals, agencies, departments, and community organizations who work with mental health and substance use
• Coordinate and negotiate with public and privately operated hospitals regarding the provision of services to County mental health and substance use disorder clients.
• Ensure adequate psychiatric coverage for division programs by overseeing the staff scheduling, recruitment, hiring, coaching, orientation, and training.
• Promptly investigate complaints or concerns regarding physician services.
• Assist in planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and conducting medical staff development and in-service training.
• Assess and prescribe medications for mental health and substance use disorder patients.
• Lead medical staff meetings, designated psychiatric service committees, and agency meetings as appropriate.
• Any other duties assigned by the Department.