Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
At OptumHealth, one of the nation’s largest health and wellness companies, and a true leader in the health care services and health financing arenas, we specialize in population health management solutions that address the physical, mental, and financial needs of organizations and individuals. We provide health information and services to nearly 60 million Americans-educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the healthcare system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals.
We are currently looking for a Part- Time Behavioral Medical Director to join our team in San Diego, California.
- Medical supervision of Care Advocates; oversee inpatient hospitalizations and other stipulated levels of care; keep current regarding prevalent treatment protocols and philosophies.
- Provide consultation services to an extensive number of diverse constituencies and community entities.
- Participate in various Quality Assurance activities, committees, and audits.
- Provide in-service training for staff on managed care and general clinical issues.
- Provide brief phone consultations when expedited appeals are needed.
- Conduct clinical reviews of contracted provider clinical records as requested.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy
- Current license to practice as a physician without restrictions in the state of California
- Board certified in Psychiatry
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical application of the principles of engagement, empowerment, rehabilitation, and recovery
- Knowledge of post-acute care planning such as home care, discharge planning, case management, and disease management
- Experience working with community-based programs and resources designed to aid the State Medi-Cal population within San Diego County
- Computer and typing proficiency, data analysis and organizational skills necessary
- Must be able to come into the local San Diego office on occasion
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3+ years of experience as a practicing psychiatrist post residency
- Managed care experience
- Experience in public sector delivery systems and experience in state specific public sector services
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care must go to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.