Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Medical Director Oncology will provide utilization review determinations and support case and disease management teams to achieve optimal clinical outcomes.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform utilization review determinations for oncology populations, and support case and disease management teams to achieve optimal clinical outcomes
- Serve as a subject matter expert in evidence - based oncology guidelines, especially those produced by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), and help ensure all clinically relevant policies and processes are informed by the best available evidence
- Engage and collaborate with treating providers telephonically; This will include discussion of evidence-based guidelines, opportunities to close clinical quality / service gaps, and care plan changes that can impact health care expense
- Enhance clinical expertise of the Oncology team through education sessions with nursing teams, and serving as a thought leader and point of contact for relevant medical societies and stakeholders
- Evaluate clinical and other data (e.g., quality metrics, claims and health record data, utilization data) to identify opportunities for improvement of clinical care and processes
- Collaborate with operational and business partners on enterprise-wide research and clinical and quality initiatives to enhance Optum impact in the oncology field
At Optum, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi - faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- MD or DO with an active, unrestricted medical license
- Current Board Certification in an ABMS or AOBMS specialty in Oncology
- 5+ years of clinical practice experience (inclusive of Medical Oncology)
- Experience working with NCCN guidelines
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the areas of medical care delivery systems, utilization management, case management, disease management, quality management, product development, and/or peer review
- Experience in managed care and quality management
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $254,600 to $295,200. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $254,600 to $295,200. The range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.