- Performs emergency psychiatric evaluations and provides patient centered emergency care
- Assessment will include presenting problem, history of present illness, suicide risk assessment, relevant past psychiatric history, brief social history and review medical evaluations and all the labs as needed
- Make appropriate disposition either inpatient psychiatry or outpatient psychiatry referral in collaboration with Social Work and safe discharge plan
- Lead in collaboration with a nurse manager the functioning of the Emergency Department
- Teach and supervise psychiatry residents and medical students
- Provide lectures on Emergency Psychiatry
- Work with the staff in the Medical Emergency Department to assure optimal psychiatric medical care
- Provide crisis intervention and supportive counseling as needed with Social Work and psychology
- Assist in Quality Improvement Program
- Formulate, execute, and review healthcare education delivered to patients and families
- Documents relevant patient data in the medical record in accordance with regulatory and payer requirements
- Collaborates with the management of the Medical Emergency Department
- Will supervise appropriate handoff exchange
- MD or DO
- BC or BE in psychiatry
- Licensed to practice medicine in NY state
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable regulations governing the Behavioral Health areas and functions within their parameters
- Beach community
- Loan forgiveness available
- Competitive salary, great benefits, and other attractive incentives.
- Generous PTO
- All major insurances (health, life, disability, malpractice)
- A team environment that believes in employee development, professional growth, and company longevity.
- Culture is one of mutual respect, teamwork, and equality.
- The organization embraces and values an inclusive work environment.
- The likely salary for this position will be based on qualifications, experience and education.
View all jobs online at: [Register to View]
If you are passionate about what you could accomplish in this role, we would love to hear from you!