Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham Health staff partner to provide multiple programs in the community including the Babygram Program, Developmental Evaluation Clinic, HIV/Aids Program, and The Diabetic Learning and Support Program.
This position is responsible for Gotham Health's Bushwick/815 Broadway, Far Rockaway, and Cumberland locations in Brooklyn, New York.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Regional Medical Director is the lead member of the Senior Leadership Team overseeing multiple sites, contributing to defining the overall business strategy and direction of the organization. This position leads the overall clinical vision for the site in order to not only provide high quality medical care for patients, but also align staff to meet the changing environment in healthcare: the shift to population health management, value-based contracts for care, and risk pool management. The position provides medical oversight, expertise and leadership to ensure the delivery of affordable, quality healthcare services. In addition, the Regional Medical Director provides clinical expertise and leadership in the design and implementation of new projects and innovations for the service line. The Regional Medical Director will continue and improve performance on the existing HRSA service contract, both in terms of cost benchmarks and quality measures benchmarks. This individual must become a member of the medical staff and maintain an active practice within the Gotham Health Center. The Regional Medical Director performs related work as assigned by the Gotham Health Executive Leadership Team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Regional Medical Director’s duties shall include, but not limited to:
Building out clinical strategy for ambulatory care transformation across the overseen sites
· Leads and implements the clinical direction for the service line
· Participate in senior management business and clinical quality strategy development and implementation
· Builds and leverages cross functional collaborative relationships with other service lines and programs (e.g. closing gaps in care in clinical care metrics, ACO) to achieve shared goals and standardization
· Focus teams and organization units on visions and distinctive strategies that improve short and long-term performance
· Travel to different sites will be required.
Clinical standard setting
· Integrate evidence-based clinical practices wherever possible, building this into new and existing patient care delivery systems
· Provide direct patient care at a minimum of 2 clinical sessions per week
Design of clinical interventions and deliver models
· Keeps abreast of emerging models in health care delivery
· Identify and define new and innovative strategies to achieve the goals of population health and financial sustainability
Quality analytics, clinical reporting and risk management
· Lead clinical and population health analytics for the service line (e.g. patient-level risk stratification)
· Develop and monitor quality measures for new payment models (value based/risk-based payment structures
· Works closely with the Chief Nursing, Quality, Medical, and Administrative Officers to achieve effective care management processes and develop new initiatives to improve clinical quality
· Clinical lead for survey preparation and implementation
Assessment of clinical providers
· Evaluate facility clinical providers
· Create frameworks for performance evaluation of clinicians (e.g. peer review, professional practice evaluations, etc.)
· Partners and collaborates with the provider staff and management team, facilitating teamwork shared goals. Help represent provider staff viewpoints to administration and relay administrative views to provider staff
Finance & Budget
· Assist in developing operating budget for salary and supply areas. Monitors variance activity on a monthly basis.
· Monitors managed care, third party reimbursement and accounts receivable management, including cash collections. Keeps current and anticipates changes in Federal and State reimbursement regulations. Consistently reviews department budget and implement cost containment strategies as needed.
· Responsible for the region (sites) productivity.
Provider recruitment strategy
· Develop and implement strategies for provider attraction and retention
· Design career paths for clinician leaders
- Medical Doctorate
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or equivalent care of specialization
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of New York
- Masters degree with a specialization in Health Care Administration, Administrative Medicine or in Public Health from an accredited college or university
Ten (10) years of full-time paid clinical experience, including five (5) years of supervisory experience
- An equivalent combination of training, education and experience in related fields and educational disciplines
- Knowledge of business and human resources administration principles, faculty practice and finance
- Experience with FQHC is not mandatory
- Knowledge of EPIC Electronic medical records
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
- $250,000.00 annual salary
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V