Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Behavioral Medical Director position is responsible for providing oversight to and direction of the Utilization Management Program and performing peer reviews as necessary. This individual will interact directly with Psychiatrists, Prescribers, and other clinical professionals who consult on various processes and programs. It will include roles which manage development and implementation of utilization management and quality initiatives. The Medical Director will also advise leadership on improvement opportunities regarding Utilization Management programs and clinical activities. Our clinical vision drives the team to improve the quality of care our consumers receive.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conducts Peer Reviews with prospective review focus in specialized behavioral outpatient care
- Conducts retrospective review of post service requests for coverage (all levels of care)
- Consults with Care Advocate staff in virtual medical rounds and case consultation
- Shares information with providers related to high quality health care delivery
- Actively participate in committees and meetings
- Seeking individual who is willing to work as part of a multidisciplinary team as an equal with team members
- Works closely with the Senior Medical Director and team
- Assists in implementations related to Community & State and Employer & individual businesses
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy
- Current license to practice as a physician without restrictions
- Board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical application of the principles of engagement, empowerment, rehabilitation, and recovery
- Knowledge of post-acute care planning such as home care, discharge planning, case management, and disease management
- Computer and typing proficiency, data analysis experience, and solid organizational skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Licensure in the state of Texas or Missouri a plus
- Board certified in child and adolescent psychiatry a plus
- 3+ years post-residency experience
- Prior managed care experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COazVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Psychiatry, Behavioral, Mental Health, Texas, Missouri